Pakistan Journal of Rehabilitation has designed its publication policies based on the international standards of publication and as per the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) guidelines.
Pakistan Journal of Rehabilitation recommends authorship to be based on the following criteria:
- Substantial contribution in the framework of research, designing the methodology, acquisition, analysis and interpretation of data.
- Drafting the work or revising it critically for intellectual content.
- Final approval of the version to be published.
- Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
Pakistan Journal of Rehabilitation does not advise to change in the authors list with respect to addition and removal after the initial submission.
Pakistan Journal of Rehabilitation does not allow to change the topic of the article after initial submission.
Authors should prepare the manuscript according to the specifications given on the website. All manuscripts submitted fulfilling the criteria of journal will be entertained for review.
Publication at PJR is free of cost.
Pakistan Journal of Rehabilitation reserves the right to refuse a manuscript on one or more basis:
- Plagiarized content
- Lack of Novelty
- Unsupported Conclusions
- Unconvincing evidence of cause and effect
- Failure to adhere to journal format and policy
Any manuscript under the publication procedure can be withdrawn by the authors. The authors can request withdrawal of the manuscript from submission to publication within the time span of peer-reviewing process. A withdrawal request letter signed by all authors indicating valid rationales must be sent to the editorial office via email. Upon submission of the request, authors will receive an acknowledgement letter from the editorial office.
Manuscript withdrawal is not permitted after the final acceptance for publication. The journal is accountable to impose disincentive sanctions according to international rules for publication ethics if the manuscript is not withdrawn properly.
Pakistan Journal of Rehabilitation listed following behaviors under research and publication misconduct;
- Fraudulent or fabricated data
- Plagiarized content (More than 15%)
- Improprieties of authorship
- Material failure to comply with legislative and regulatory requirements affecting research
- Research without ethical clearance
- Inappropriate behavior in relation to misconduct
Pakistan Journal of Rehabilitation is committed in maintaining high standards of integrity in publishing scientific content. The Journal follows the plagiarism guidelines provided by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
All manuscripts submitted to the Journal will be checked for plagiarism. If a manuscript proposed for publication is found to be based on plagiarized material (more than 15%), the journal reserves the right to retract the article or seeking author(s) explanation. A plagiarism report is created which is emailed to the author along with a review report. The committee looks into plagiarism related issues and deals with them according to journal policy.
Any conflict of interest should be declared by all authors. This may include credits, grants or honorarium, memberships or any personal or professional relationships which may appear to influence the manuscript.
Appreciation to all those contributors who helped in the study other than authors and a special gratitude to those individuals; who worked for manuscript development, funding agency and organizations or persons whose resources as well as support run for the smoothness of the research may be mentioned in the acknowledgement section.
Pakistan journal of Rehabilitation will not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher.
- Authors are requested to prepare the manuscript to meet the standards of academic excellence and verify the policies of PJR before submitting. The journal stands for critical evaluation and in-depth review of the research articles.
- As per the recommendations of Editorial Board, each article will be reviewed by two expert reviewers and if required the article may undergo few more reviews. Timely information about the review process will be communicated with authors when required.
- The journal reserves the right to decline the article if it fails to follow the basic criteria of journal’s policy. By reviewers report the Editor-in-Chief can take a decision to not accept the article for publication.
- The document will be kept confidential once it is submitted. Information regarding the manuscript will not be shared with other individuals or any other publication agencies, except with the author.
- The journal reserves the right to take all necessary actions to prevent misuse of privileged information or ideas that are obtained through a peer review of submitted articles and will not allow to be used for any competitive gain.
- The privacy and confidentiality of the peer reviewers and their work will be protected.
All manuscripts submitted for publication in Journal initially evaluated by the front office for checking the originality and quality of work. It usually takes 2-4 weeks to respond to the authors. Manuscript may be rejected at this stage or be sent back to the authors for corrections. Manuscripts that do not meet the standards of the journal (such as increased plagiarism, greater than 15% or lack of originality) are returned to authors with decision.
After the initial evaluation, the manuscripts are sent to at least two external reviewers for peer-review. If necessary, the number can be increased by editors. The reviewers are chosen from the board according to their expertise. They are asked to evaluate the manuscript’s originality, methodology, contribution to the literature, presentation of results and support for the conclusions, and appropriate referencing of previous relevant studies. Reviewers might accept the manuscript, reject the manuscript or might require a revision for style and/or content.
After evaluation of manuscript by reviewers, the editorial board made the final evaluation. The articles accepted for publication by the editorial are placed in an issue sequence.